Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Cod Liver Oil for kids?


I don't give the girls many things in the way of supplements etc. as I believe a wholesome diet does the trick, but we do give Cod Liver Oil. What is Cod Liver Oil? Co Liver Oil is an oil derived from a fish's liver. It is one of the highest carrying foods of vitamin D & A. It also naturally has DHA, which for children is important for a healthy growing brain. 

This is the brand we use. I will admit, when first giving it to your kids it is an acquired taste. You give one teaspoon daily and I usually give it to the girls after breakfast. Make sure you keep it in the refridgerater so that it stays fresh and doesn't go rancid. 

The girls love it now! Every morning after breakfast they say, "Im ready for my vitamin"! 

No comments:

Post a Comment